Federal Agency Help - FEMA
Mother Nature can be pernicious and cause catastrophic destruction. In fact, the Central Coast has been the site of seven federal disaster declaration.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency, a part of the Department of Homeland Security, is charged with helping the people across the country prepare for and recover from natural diasters and other emergencies. The counties of Monterey, San Benito and Santa Cruz are part of FEMA's Region IX jursidiction.
FEMA's Region IX Office:
1111 Broadway, Suite 1200
Oakland, CA 94607
- California's Office of Emergency Services
- Monterey County Office of Emergency Services
- San Benito County Office of Emergency Services
- Santa Cruz County Office of Emergency Services
If you find that your questions are not answered here, please do not hesitate to contact my office. In the event you find yourself having a problem with a federal agency and require assistance, please fill out and sign a privacy release form.
- American Red Cross
- Centers for Disease Control
- Citizen Corps
- Department of Homeland Security